Heading to Hawaii soon? This blog is going to act as your exhaustive Hawaii packing list so you know exactly what to pack for your next Hawaii vacation.
Let’s dive right in!
Disclaimer: Hey explorer! This post contains affiliate links which means I earn a small percentage of each purchase made through my links. I only ever recommend products I believe in and appreciate your support if you decide to use my links—thank you!
Things to Pack for Hawaii
*Sigh* so, even though I’m not coming with you on your Hawaiian vacation, let’s get into the packing list!
Hawaii Packing List Essential #1: Clothing
When thinking of Hawaii trip essentials, you DEFINITELY want to make sure you bring the proper clothing. Therefore, I’ve included items to bring hiking and more fashionable choices for this section of our packing guide.
For Lookin’ Cute Day Or Night
I think Hawaii is like the perfect destination to introduce some color into your life. These are some of my favorite pieces from Urban Outfitters and Free People.
- UO Cassidy Spliced Bodycon Dress
- UO Rosie Notched Pelmet Mini Skirt
- Sweetheart Tank Top
- UO Carly Wrap Sweater
- Nirvana Smile Overdyed Sweatshirt
- UO Jillian Halter Mini Dress
- Get Away Fauxchet Set
- Waiting For Tonight Fauxchet Top
- Poppy Sweater Mini
- BDG Wide Wale Corduroy Mini Tote Bag
- National Parks Baseball Hat
- SOJOS Small Square Polarized Sunglasses for Men and Women Polygon Mirrored Lens
For Going Out On An Adventure
REI is usually my go-to for outdoor gear. I’ve included some men’s and women’s gear pieces in this list. Scott and I have personally used some of these. The best part about most of the items on this list is that you can bring them on any trip once you own them!
Easily, my favorite item on this portion of our Hawaii packing list is the Chaco sandals. I will never purchase another pair of hiking sandals after owning these. They have the best grip, don’t smell bad after like 3 uses, and are super comfortable.
Women’s Hiking Gear
- REI Co-op Rainier Rain Jacket – Women’s
- Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket – Women’s
- Patagonia Lightweight Better Sweater Marsupial Pullover – Women’s
- Icebreaker Siren Bra
- Icebreaker Sphere SS Low Crewe Shirt – Women’s
- Patagonia Barely Baggies Shorts – Women’s
- Icebreaker Comet Tights – Women’s
- Beyond Yoga Spacedye Caught in the Midi High-Waisted 7/8 Leggings – Women’s
- KEEN Terradora Waterproof Mid Hiking Boots – Women’s
- Smartwool Hike Ultra Light Mini Sock – Women’s
- Chaco Z/1 Classic Sandals – Women’s
- Osprey Ariel AG 55 Pack – Women’s
- Osprey Kyte 36 Pack – Women’s
- Black Diamond Trail Trekking Poles – Pair
Men’s Hiking Gear
- REI Co-op Rainier Rain Jacket – Men’s
- Patagonia Nano Puff Insulated Jacket – Men’s
- Patagonia Micro D Snap-T Fleece Pullover – Men’s
- tasc Performance Carrollton T-Shirt – Men’s
- Prana Stretch Zion Short – Men’s
- REI Co-op Trailsmith Shorts – Men’s
- prAna Stretch Zion Straight Pants – Men’s
- KUHL Renegade Rock Pants – Men’s
- La Sportiva Pyramid GTX Hiking Boots – Men’s
- Darn Tough Micro Crew Cushion Hiking Socks – Men’s
- Chaco Z/Cloud Sandals – Men’s
- Osprey Kestrel 38 Pack – Men’s
- Osprey Atmos AG 65 Pack – Men’s
- Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking Poles – Pair
Hawaii Packing List Essential #2: Ocean Attire
There’s no doubt in my mind that you’re going to hit the beach, lmao. So you’ll need some water gear as well!
- Out From Under Printed Scoop Bikini Top
- Out From Under Asher String Bikini Bottom
- Out From Under Holly Printed Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit
- Oceana Sheer Sarong
- Out From Under Seamless Puckered Bandeau Bikini Top
- Out From Under Seamless Puckered Bikini Bottom
In general, I love shopping at Urban Outfitters for swimwear. I also love Aerie and Frankies Bikinis! Frankies Bikinis probably has some of the cuter swimwear out there, in my opinion, and it’s usually good quality.
Hawaii Packing List Essential #3: Travel Food Items
Anytime I travel, I bring my own food storage items and food with me. I find it MUCH easier to seal unfinished items when I have my own containers.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on vacation wishing I had a damn Tupperware bowl… I’m serious!
You see, when I go on vacation, I usually head right to the grocery store to stock up on snacks.
And I’m a HUGE snack person, but bringing boxes of crackers and bags of trail mix with me everywhere get’s annoying. I’d rather have a little container I can put some snacks in.
I find that Stasher bags get the job done. No more open bags of trail mix left behind! Stasher bags are also great for storing liquid toiletries you’re worried will leak everywhere.
Also, I love a good cup discount for having my own travel mug for coffee.
Hawaii Packing List Essential #4: A Place To Call Home
Camping on your Hawaii vacation? I got you, boo.
For Sleeping Under The Stars
I’ve been using my Big Agnes Tiger Wall tent for years now, and it has served me well! It’s incredibly lightweight and is the perfect color for pictures. Also, you really can’t go wrong with the REI Magma sleeping bag.
- Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season
- The North Face Furnace 20 Sleeping Bag – Unisex
- REI Co-op Trekker Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad
- Exped Mega Pillow
- Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow
- NEMO Fillo Backpacking Pillow
For Seeing The Ground Under The Stars LOL
For Cooking In The Wild
- United By Blue Meal Kit
- Stasher Bag
- Light My Fire Outdoor Utensils
- MSR WindBurner Stove System
- GSI Outdoors Halulite Boiler Pot – 1.1 Liters
- MSR PocketRocket 2 Stove
Hawaii Packing List Essential #5: Toiletries
Toiletries are usually personal, which is why this list is so short. Regardless, I suggest brining a good lotion and sunscreen with you!
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40
- Supergoop! Resetting Powder SPF 35
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Hawaii Packing List Essential #6: Electronics
You’ll probably want to take pictures on your trip, so don’t forget to add electronics to your Hawaii packing list!
Hawaii Vacation Packing List – My Final Thoughts
And there you have it! Those are just about all of my recommendations for your Hawaii vacation packing list.
If you enjoyed this Hawaii packing list or use it, please let me know in the comments! I love hearing from you. Don’t worry, we can still be friends even though I won’t be going to the islands with you ;). Have fun!
READ NEXT: Kauai Travel Guide
Thanks for sharing this helpful information. You are inspiring me for camping in Kauai. I’m sure most people can take notes from this article. One thing most people lack experience while camping in Kauai. I have a couple of young friends that are going to camping in Kauai soon. Well, this post gives us some good ideas for camping in Kauai.
The only point I agree in your HOW TO MEET PEOPLE is Hostels. Are we really at the point that we start recommending people to go on internet to find friends?